Sunday, September 23, 2012

Love, Texas

As you read this blog/as I post more and more, you'll come to realize that I am a huge fan of my homestate. I have loved Texas ever since I knew about states and countries. And I loved it even more when I learned about how awesome of a state it is and that we have a reason to be proud. We can still secede from the US, we can fly our flag at the same height as the US flag, and if we want to, we can become 5 separate states! None of those things are really exciting or logical to be proud of, but the fact that we are the only state to have any of those rights is pretty cool.

Photo from here
Because of my affection for this great state, it comes as no surprise that I was excited to be back in Texas for a weekend. While I go to Oklahoma State University in north central Oklahoma, my boyfriend attends Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. I'm in a different state than my hometown, but it takes me less time to get there than it takes Boyfriend to get to or from school-because Texas is that big (awesome!). Anyway, I got to come visit him this weekend to see my two loves-Texas and Boyfriend :]

Senior year homecoming; best friends :]
Tech started a week after I started school for the semester, so Boyfriend drove his own car to OSU with me to finish moving me in and help get me settled for the year. Because it had been four weeks since we'd last seen each other in person and he was the last one to drive to see me, I made the six-hour trek to Lubbock last Thursday. The plan had originally been for me to come on Friday, but Boyfriend had gotten a sinus infection and sounded absolutely pitiful when we texted and facetimed. I felt really bad for him, so I changed my plans, contacted one of his roommates, and surprised him by coming a day early :] He was so in shock that I was here that he kept just touching my hand or my arm for the first couple of hours to make sure I was real. It was so sweet and made me feel appreciated for the surprise.
This is Oklahoma; who knew it could be pretty, too?
I missed Texas, and loved seeing the sun setting on my drive west. I even got to be surprised by how beautiful Oklahoma can be also! I was telling a friend that because all I ever see of OK is what you see from I-35 and what you see from 51 on the way to Tulsa, so it isn't anything impressive/different from what I see in Dallas. Going the other way shows you so much more. It was really pretty and the drive didn't seem nearly as long because I had something interesting to look at.
At my apartment in Stillwater
Since I've been here, I've met all of Boyfriend's roommates, who are all wonderful; met a couple other of his good friends, who are also awesome; and enjoyed some much needed quality time in person with my love. We've mostly been chilling on the couch with the orange blanket I mailed him a few weeks ago, taking walks to the little market up the street, and watching movies and sports with his friends. It's just what we needed to continue on the long-distance thing without going crazy, though craziness may ensue tomorrow when I have to get in my car and drive back to Stilly. We're just not going to think about that right now.

Photo by Raychel Yearsley, 2007
What did you do this weekend? I hope it was stellar :]

Photo from here

PS; I'm working on not posting so sporadically and am hoping that that makes my posts more thought out and less rough-draft-ish. Rereading this, it doesn't really even make a lot of sense at first, and that will change asap. I just get into a mood where I'm like "I have to post right now!" and then I don't write as well because I'm just trying to get it out on paper the screen before I lose my train of thought.
Anyway, enjoy your Sunday! Remember to give your loved ones a hug because I don't always get to do that with mine. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment